Hon'ble Prime Minister's interaction with students on the occasion of Teacher's Day
KVS envisions itself a world class organization in school education committed to continually empowering teachers to actualize inside out synergy in students and enable them to fulfill futuristic societal, national and global needs and aspirations
1. To cater to the educational needs of children of transferable Central Government employees including defence and para militray personnel by providing a common program education
2. To pursue excellence and set the pace in field of School education.
3. To initiate and promote experimentations and innovation in education in collabration with other bodies like CBSE, NCERT etc.
Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1 (AFS) Pathankot established in the year 1967 is one of the prestigious and oldest Vidyalaya of Jammu Region located at the Air Force Station Pathankot. It is governed by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India formed in 1963 to open and manage Kendriya Vidyalayas through the length and breadth of the country and abroad to provide uninterrupted quality education to the wards of transferable Central Govt. employees including Defence personnels.K.V. No 1 Pathankot runs in a picturesque surroundings. It is a full groomed Vidyalaya with palatial building, well maintained gardens, fully developed play grounds, beautiful children's park, spacious & well furnished classrooms, science labs with modern equipments, computer labs with internet facilities, rich library, first aid room, canteen and various other departments to ensure healthy atmosphere for smooth teaching learning process. The Vidyalaya has 04 sections in each class from I to X and 02 sections of Science Stream and 01 section of steams COMMERCE & HUMANITIES streams in class XI & XII.To strengthen Primary Education, activity based approach for teaching and grading system for assessing the performance of children have been adopted to make learning a highly enjoyable experience.Adequate opportunities are provided to the students to take part in games and sports and variety of co-curricular activities through competitions held at different levels. Special coaching form various games, Drawing & Painting, Vocal & Instrumental music and Dance is given through expert coaches and instructors.Every year Vidyalaya conducts KVS Mathematics Olympiad, Science Olympiad, Green Olympiad, CIPEL Science and Language Exams to promote excellence and General awareness among children. Vidyalaya has been proudly producing excellent results in board classes of X and XII. A large number of students passed out form this Vidyalaya have excelled in various entrance examinations for professional coursed. The Vidyalaya is consistently marching ahead under the valuable guidance of the authorities of K.V.S. and Chairman of the Vidyalaya Management Committee.
· To provide guidance and counseling service to all students .
· To connect all classrooms with Computer Network.
· To enhance interactive teaching through computers.
· To establish language lab to develop language skills in a scientific manner.
· To start pre-primary class on self finance basis.
· To promote and inculcate the cause of national integration and secular democracy.
· To enable the students to achieve a reasonable measure of proficiency in both English and Hindi languages.